July 25th 10am to 3pm
Melodie will be providing you with the latest industry standard Pioneer equipment.
This beginners workshop includes:
- Theory of a mix
- How to Beatmatch
- How to Select and transition your mixes
- How to use the equipment to its full potential
- Industry tips and tricks
- How to add effects and loops
- Building your confidence as a DJ
Miss Melodie is a self taught DJ and Producer who pushed to be heard and given a chance in a predominately male dominated environment back in 1998! She then went on to play at some of the best clubs all over the UK for legendary club nights such as Ark,Miss Moneypennies, Retro, Soak/Hacienda and a ongoing residency of 18 years at Legendary night SpeedQueen at the Leeds Warehouse.
Melodie is the Owner and Founder of Melodies DJ Academy in Leeds where she has been Teaching Since 2008. Teaching Adults of all abilities including some with learning difficulties as well as Children from age 8 upwards. Melodie prides herself on being able to provide a showcase for DJs to play out live. She personally mentors her students to achieve their Dreams and her they have gone on to play festivals, club nights and also radio.
Combining her love of fashion and music she provides soundtracks for various fashion shows and she is signed to various UK and international record labels here in the UK. Melodie runs her own club night called SaSS at Distrikt in Leeds where she showcases a full Female Line up of Melodies DJ Academy DJs. Melodie is excited to pass on her skills and knowledge to you in this Workshop.
The rest of the week:
- Day 2: Ableton Live – Aja Ireland
- Day 3: Sound recording and composition – Caro C
- Day 4: Algoraving: computer coding beats
- Day 5: Creating your performance – Marlo DeLara
- Day 6: Performances – Liz Dobson